Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 08:46:02AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 12:30:00PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > How did you make this list ?  Was it by excluding things that failed for you ?
> >
> > cfbot is currently failing due to io_concurrency on windows.
> > I think there are more GUC which should be included here.
> >
> > http://cfbot.cputube.org/kyotaro-horiguchi.html
>
> FWIW, I am not really a fan of making this test depend on a hardcoded
> list of GUCs.  The design strength of the existing test is that we
> don't have such a dependency now, making less to think about in terms
> of maintenance in the long-term, even if this is now run
> automatically.

It doesn't really need to be stated that an inclusive list wouldn't be useful.

That's a list of GUCs to be excluded.
Which is hardly different from the pre-existing list of exceptions.

                # Ignore some exceptions.
                next if $param_name eq "include";
                next if $param_name eq "include_dir";
                next if $param_name eq "include_if_exists";

-- Exceptions are transaction_*.
SELECT name FROM tab_settings_flags
  WHERE NOT no_show_all AND no_reset_all
  ORDER BY 1;
          name
 transaction_deferrable
 transaction_isolation
 transaction_read_only
(3 rows)

How else do you propose to make this work for guc whose defaults vary by
platform in guc.c or in initdb ?

--
Justin