Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Add checkpoint and redo LSN to LogCheckpointEnd log message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 7 Jul 2022 01:11:33 +0900, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote in

> On 2022/03/16 10:29, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > At Wed, 16 Mar 2022 09:19:13 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi
> > <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> >> In short, I split out the two topics other than checkpoint log to
> >> other threads.
> > So, this is about the main topic of this thread, adding LSNs to
> > checkpint log.  Other topics have moved to other treads [1], [2] ,
> > [3].
> > I think this is no longer controversial alone.  So this patch is now
> > really Read-for-Commiter and is waiting to be picked up.
>
> +1
>
> + * ControlFileLock is not required as we are the only
> +                         * updator of these variables.
>
> Isn't it better to add "at this time" or something at the end of the
> comment because only we're not always updator of them? No?

Excluding initialization, (I believe) checkpointer is really the only
updator of the variables/members.  But I'm fine with the addition.

> Barring any objection, I'm thinking to apply the above small change
> and commit the patch.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi