Re: Time to remove unparenthesized syntax for VACUUM?

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Time to remove unparenthesized syntax for VACUUM?
Дата
Re: Time to remove unparenthesized syntax for VACUUM?  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 03:05:55PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2022-07-01 14:56:42 -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> The unparenthesized syntax for VACUUM has been marked deprecated since v9.1
>> (ad44d50).  Should it be removed in v16?  If not, should we start emitting
>> WARNINGs when it is used?
>
> What would we gain? ISTM that the number of scripts and typing habits that'd
> be broken would vastly exceed the benefit.

Beyond removing a few lines from gram.y and vacuum.sgml, probably not much.
If it isn't going to be removed, IMO we should consider removing the
deprecation notice in the docs.

--
Nathan Bossart