Re: proposal: convert comments in documents to html comments

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: proposal: convert comments in documents to html comments
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2022-Jun-27, Noboru Saito wrote:

> > I don't have much of a clue about our docbook toolchain, beyond the
> > basics (plus I have no front-end experience). Is anybody else aware of
> > a reasonable approach to making git hashes discoverable from the html
> > release notes?
>
> If you simply want to display it with a tooltip, the attached patch
> can do that.
>
> I also attach html and css.
> Please do not expect the quality of the css,
> as it was created for the purpose of checking the operation.

I like the idea of making the commits unobtrusively visible in the
output page.  This proposal looks a good step forward, but I'm sure we
can improve a little bit more.  For example, can we make the SHA1 hash
for each commit be a link to the gitweb page?  (Does this require
pattern matching in the XLST rule?)  Also, when there's more than one
commit in one entry, it'd be better to have them on separate lines
rather than run together in a single line.

Thanks!

"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',
en un aparato realmente entretenido, sobre el cual cada día aprendo
algo nuevo" (Jaime Salinas)

Сообщение: Re: Remove recommendation for nightly VACUUM
Сообщение: Re: Remove recommendation for nightly VACUUM