Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-05-25 13:11:40 +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Tue, 24 May 2022 15:01:47 -0700, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote in
> > In postgresql.conf.sample, stats_fetch_consistency is set to "none," but
> > the default appears to be "cache."  Should these be consistent?  I've
> > attached a patch to change the entry in the sample.
>
> Good catch:)
>
> The base C variable is inirtialized with none.
> The same GUC is intialized with "cache".
> The default valur for the GUC is "none" in the sample file.
>
> I think we set the same value to C variable.  However, I wonder if it
> would be possible to reduce the burden of unifying the three inital
> values.

Yes, they should be the same. I think we ended up switching the default at
some point, and evidently I missed a step when doing so.

Will apply.

I wonder if we should make src/test/modules/test_misc/t/003_check_guc.pl
detect this kind of thing?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample
Сообщение: Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample