Re: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 01:08:12AM +0000, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> Hi hackers,
> Thanks to all the developers. The attached patch updates the manual for the pg_stats_ext and pg_stats_ext_exprs
view.
> The current pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual are missing the inherited column. This column was added at
thesame time as the stxdinherit column in the pg_statistic_ext_data view. The attached patch adds the missing
description.If there is a better description, please correct it.

> Commit: Add stxdinherit flag to pg_statistic_ext_data
>     https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=269b532aef55a579ae02a3e8e8df14101570dfd9
> Current Manual:
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext.html
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext-exprs.html

Thanks for copying me.

This looks right, and uses the same language as pg_stats and pg_statistic.

But, I'd prefer if it didn't say "inheritance child", since that now sounds
like it means "a child which is using inheritance" and not just "any child".

I'd made a patch for that, for which I'll create a separate thread shortly.

От: "Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)"
Сообщение: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: allow building trusted languages without the untrusted versions