Обсуждение: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual

PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual

От
"Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)"
Дата:
Hi hackers,
Thanks to all the developers. The attached patch updates the manual for the pg_stats_ext and pg_stats_ext_exprs view.
The current pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual are missing the inherited column. This column was added at the
sametime as the stxdinherit column in the pg_statistic_ext_data view. The attached patch adds the missing description.
Ifthere is a better description, please correct it.

Commit: Add stxdinherit flag to pg_statistic_ext_data
    https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=269b532aef55a579ae02a3e8e8df14101570dfd9
Current Manual:
    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext.html
    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext-exprs.html

Regards,
Noriyoshi Shinoda

Вложения

Re: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual

От
Justin Pryzby
Дата:
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 01:08:12AM +0000, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> Hi hackers,
> Thanks to all the developers. The attached patch updates the manual for the pg_stats_ext and pg_stats_ext_exprs
view.
> The current pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual are missing the inherited column. This column was added at
thesame time as the stxdinherit column in the pg_statistic_ext_data view. The attached patch adds the missing
description.If there is a better description, please correct it.

> Commit: Add stxdinherit flag to pg_statistic_ext_data
>     https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=269b532aef55a579ae02a3e8e8df14101570dfd9
> Current Manual:
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext.html
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext-exprs.html

Thanks for copying me.

This looks right, and uses the same language as pg_stats and pg_statistic.

But, I'd prefer if it didn't say "inheritance child", since that now sounds
like it means "a child which is using inheritance" and not just "any child".

I'd made a patch for that, for which I'll create a separate thread shortly.

Re: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual

От
Justin Pryzby
Дата:
On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 08:19:27PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 01:08:12AM +0000, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> > Hi hackers,
> > Thanks to all the developers. The attached patch updates the manual for the pg_stats_ext and pg_stats_ext_exprs
view.
> > The current pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual are missing the inherited column. This column was added at
thesame time as the stxdinherit column in the pg_statistic_ext_data view. The attached patch adds the missing
description.If there is a better description, please correct it.

> > Commit: Add stxdinherit flag to pg_statistic_ext_data
> >     https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=269b532aef55a579ae02a3e8e8df14101570dfd9
> > Current Manual:
> >     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext.html
> >     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext-exprs.html
>
> Thanks for copying me.
>
> This looks right, and uses the same language as pg_stats and pg_statistic.
>
> But, I'd prefer if it didn't say "inheritance child", since that now sounds
> like it means "a child which is using inheritance" and not just "any child".
>
> I'd made a patch for that, for which I'll create a separate thread shortly.

The thread I started [0] has stalled out, so your patch seems seems fine, since
it's consistent with pre-existing docs.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220525013248.GO19626@telsasoft.com

--
Justin

RE: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual

От
"Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)"
Дата:
Thanks for your comment. sorry for the late reply.
I hope it will be fixed during the period of PostgreSQL 15 Beta.

Regards,

Noriyoshi Shinoda
On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 08:19:27PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 01:08:12AM +0000, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> > Hi hackers,
> > Thanks to all the developers. The attached patch updates the manual for the pg_stats_ext and pg_stats_ext_exprs
view.
> > The current pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual are missing the inherited column. This column was added at
thesame time as the stxdinherit column in the pg_statistic_ext_data view. The attached patch adds the missing
description.If there is a better description, please correct it.

> > Commit: Add stxdinherit flag to pg_statistic_ext_data
> >
> > INVALID URI REMOVED
> > tgresql.git;a=commit;h=269b532aef55a579ae02a3e8e8df14101570dfd9__;!!
> > NpxR!kBff64MGwFvJU4EPtHmXM1YogdVCJKoc9-TAYGJxy_9p_MMVUGE0GJaL4KGVqY5
> > dTBlzhU6k0odtBi1Wv_fZ$
> > Current Manual:
> >     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/view-pg-stats-ext.html
> >
> > INVALID URI REMOVED
> > pg-stats-ext-exprs.html__;!!NpxR!kBff64MGwFvJU4EPtHmXM1YogdVCJKoc9-T
> > AYGJxy_9p_MMVUGE0GJaL4KGVqY5dTBlzhU6k0odtBvG3tq9F$
>
> Thanks for copying me.
>
> This looks right, and uses the same language as pg_stats and pg_statistic.
>
> But, I'd prefer if it didn't say "inheritance child", since that now
> sounds like it means "a child which is using inheritance" and not just "any child".
>
> I'd made a patch for that, for which I'll create a separate thread shortly.

The thread I started [0] has stalled out, so your patch seems seems fine, since it's consistent with pre-existing docs.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220525013248.GO19626@telsasoft.com

--
Justin

Re: PG15 beta1 fix pg_stats_ext/pg_stats_ext_exprs view manual

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 03:49:20AM +0000, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> Thanks for your comment. sorry for the late reply.
> I hope it will be fixed during the period of PostgreSQL 15 Beta.

Apologies for the delay, fixed in time for beta2.
--
Michael

Вложения