Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2022-May-23, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> You seem to be addressing this PROC_IN_SAFE_IC snippet as if Andrey
> formally proposed it as a bugfix, which seems like an odd
> interpretation to me. It seems pretty clear to me that Andrey was just
> making an observation, in case it helped with debugging.

Right.

I approached it yesterday by running the test case with each
set_indexsafe_procflags() callsite commented out, see which one breaks
things.  Didn't reach any conclusion because I ran into thermal problems
with my laptop, which got me angry and couldn't make any further
progress.

"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."
                                                  (Linus Torvalds)