Re: A qsort template

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: A qsort template
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:37:29AM +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:13 AM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 at 19:09, John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > > I intend to commit David's v2 fix next week, unless there are
> > > objections, or unless he beats me to it.
> >
> > I wasn't sure if you wanted to handle it or not, but I don't mind
> > doing it, so I just pushed it after a small adjustment to a comment.
>
> Thank you!

Should these debug lines be removed ?

elog(DEBUG1, "qsort_tuple");

Perhaps if I ask for debug output, I shouldn't be surprised if it changes
between major releases - but I still found this surprising.

I'm sure it's useful during development and maybe during beta.  It could even
make sense if it were shown during regression tests (preferably at DEBUG2).
But right now it's not.  is that

ts=# \dt
DEBUG:  qsort_tuple
List of relations