Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-05-05 22:07:40 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Attached is a fix for the test that I think should avoid the problem. Couldn't
> > repro it with it applied, under both rr and valgrind.
>
> May I ask where we're at on this?  Next week's back-branch release is
> getting uncomfortably close, and I'm still seeing various buildfarm
> animals erratically failing on 031_recovery_conflict.pl.

Yea, sorry. I had crappy internet connectivity / device access for the last
few days, making it hard to make progress.

Looks like the problems are gone on HEAD at least.

> Should we just remove that test from the back branches for now?

That might be the best course, marking the test as TODO perhaps?

Unfortunately a pg_ctl reload isn't processed reliably by the time the next
test steps execute (saw that once when running in a loop), and a restart
causes other problems (throws stats away).

> Also, it appears that the back-patch of pump_until failed to remove
> some pre-existing copies, eg check-world in v14 now reports

> Subroutine pump_until redefined at t/013_crash_restart.pl line 248.
> Subroutine pump_until redefined at t/022_crash_temp_files.pl line 272.
>
> I didn't check whether these are exact duplicates.

They're not quite identical copies, which is why I left them in-place. But the
warnings clearly make that a bad idea. I somehow mis-extrapolated from
Cluster.pm, where it's not a problem (accessed via object).  I'll remove them.

Greetings,

Andres Freund