Re: 20220226-Clarification regarding delay time of PostgeSQL starting up

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: 20220226-Clarification regarding delay time of PostgeSQL starting up
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 07:51:45PM +0530, Techsupport wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> We are using PostgreSQL 12.3, it is running on the Windows Server.

So, you're using a version released almost 2 years ago, missing 8 minor
releases worth of bug fixes.  In general, if you have a problem you should just
blindly update to the latest minor version, otherwise it's highly unlikely that
anyone will look at your problem.

That being said...

> Database data directory is configured in the network shared path.
> Unexpectedly it was disconnected and up again.
>
> PgAgent is not connected, when I check the Log, it showing
>
> FATAL:  the database system is starting up
>
> FATAL:  the database system is starting up

> Other than that, there is no other errors available.

Really?  This error is displayed if the server is doing some automatic recovery
after an unclean shutdown.  Could be an unrecoverable error like IO error on
the WALs, or just anything fixed in the last 2 years.

You should check for any message with PANIC/FATAL log level too.

> For nearly 7 hours database is not connected, after that it's getting
> connected. Why it is taking too long time to up. Totally our database has 3.5
> TB of data.

Was it 7 uninterrupted hours or did your database keeps being stopped in an
unclean way for 7 hours?  More details from the logs would help, you could also
see https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems.  But above
all you should consider updating to the latest minor version as soon as
possible.