Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Can we go beyond the standard to make Postgres radically better?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2022-02-10 10:13:16 +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Am Wed, Feb 09, 2022 at 09:14:39PM -0800 schrieb Guyren Howe:
> > There are huge developer benefits available to focusing
> > more on making a great relational programming environment,
> > well outside the SQL standard.
>
> There's a seemingly small but conceptually rather significant
> difference between going _beyond_ a standard and being _well
> outside_ said standard.

In my opinion:

    A change which doesn't alter the semantics of any
    standard-conforming query (but only makes some queries valid which
    are invalid according to the standard) is an extension.

Not sure if this is true for all of Guyren's proposals, although no
counter-examples immediatly pop into mind.

        hp

Вложения