Re: A test for replay of regression tests

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: A test for replay of regression tests
Дата
Re: A test for replay of regression tests  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-27 15:27:17 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> fairywren is not happy with the recovery tests still.

Any more details?

> I have noticed on a different setup that this test adds 11 minutes to the
> runtime of the recovery tests, effectively doubling it. The doubling is
> roughly true on faster setups, too

Does a normal regress run take roughly that long? Or is the problem that the
027_stream_regress.pl ends up defaulting to shared_buffers=1MB, causing lots
of unnecessary IO?

> . At least I would like a simple
> way to disable the test.

One thing we could do to speed up the overall runtime would be to move
027_stream_regress.pl to something numbered earlier. Combined with
PROVE_FLAGS=-j2 that could at least run them in parallel with the rest of the
recovery tests.

Greetings,

Andres Freund