Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()
Дата
Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 09:42:13AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I'm less
> sure it makes sense to do anything to support the presumed bogus
> zeroes bug for (probably) no real users, especially before we've even
> reported it and heard some analysis, for example acceptance that it's
> broken and confirmation that this really is just a sparc problem.

Got it.  I've already done a bad thing leaving the buildfarm broken for three
months, so I don't want to let the buildfarm wait for a kernel fix.  These are
the two main options I'm seeing now:

(a) Modify the tests so the affected animals can skip affected tests by
setting an environment variable, named PG_TEST_HAS_WAL_READ_BUG or similar.

(b) Remove --enable-tap-tests from affected animals.

Do you have a preference among those two or some other option that gets the
buildfarm green on a predictable schedule?  I somewhat prefer (a), since
--enable-tap-tests is where most of the interesting buildfarm reports happen
these days.

Сообщение: Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig
Сообщение: Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig