Re: TAP test to cover "EndOfLogTLI != replayTLI" case

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: TAP test to cover "EndOfLogTLI != replayTLI" case
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:25:15 +0800, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 09:33:57PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the updated patch!  Note that thanks to Andres and Thomas work, you
> > can now easily rely on the exact same CI than the cfbot on your own github
> > repository, if you need to debug something on a platform you don't have access
> > to.  You can check the documentation at [1] for more detail on how to setup the
> > CI.
>
> The cfbot reports that the patch still fails on Windows but also failed on
> macos with the same error: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5655777858813952:
>
> [14:20:43.950] #   Failed test 'check standby content before timeline switch 0/500FAF8'
> [14:20:43.950] #   at t/003_recovery_targets.pl line 239.
> [14:20:43.950] #          got: '6000'
> [14:20:43.950] #     expected: '7000'
> [14:20:43.950] # Looks like you failed 1 test of 10.
>
> I'm switching the CF entry to Waiting on Author.

The most significant advantages of the local CI setup are

 - CI immediately responds to push.

 - You can dirty the code with additional logging aid as much as you
   like to see closely what is going on.  It makes us hesitant to do
   the same on this ML:p

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi