Re: add missing errdetail for xlogreader allocation failure error

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: add missing errdetail for xlogreader allocation failure error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Nov-19, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> It seems like some of the XLogReaderAllocate failure check errors are
> not having errdetail "Failed while allocating a WAL reading
> processor." but just the errmsg "out of memory". The "out of memory"
> message without the errdetail is too generic and let's add it for
> consistency and readability of the message in the server logs.
>
> Here's a tiny patch. Thoughts?

You're right -- and since in a few other callers of XLogReaderAllocate
we do include the exact errdetail you propose, your patch looks good to
me.

While looking I noticed a few other places that could be improved similarly.  I
crammed it all in a single commit, and pushed.

Thank you,

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/