Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v
Дата
Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Attached is an updated version of the meson patchset.

Changes:

- support for remaining binaries in src/bin, contrib modules

- nearly all tests, including src/test/modules etc, are integrated.

- quite a few more, but not yet all, optional dependencies (most are
  exercised in the included CI)

- runs tests on SIP enabled macos without needing a prior installation /
  installation is relocatable

- support for building docs.
  I couldn't get dbtoepub work in a vpath style build, so I changed that
  to also use pandoc. No idea if anybody uses the epub rules?

- 32bit x86 [1], 64bit aarch64 builds

- cross-building windows from linux works

- error when building with meson against a source tree with an in-tree
  autoconf build (leads to problems with pg_config.h etc)

- update-unicode, reformat-dat-files, expand-dat-files

Bigger missing pieces:

- pgxs (that's a *hard* one)

- NLS

- test / add support for platforms besides freebsd, linux, macos, windows

- remaining hardcoded configure tests (e.g. ACCEPT_TYPE_ARG*)

- win32 resource files only handled for two binaries, needs to be made
  more compact

- ecpg

- fixing up flex output

- truckloads of polishing

- some tests (e.g. pg_upgrade, because of the upcoming tap conversion,
  other tests that are shell scripts). Some tests are now run
  unconditionally that previously were opt-in.

- what exactly gets installed where

- a "dist" target

- fix "ldap" build on macos

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] I had not defined SIZEOF_SIZE_T. Surprisingly that still results in
a successful 64bit build, but not a successful 32bit build.

Вложения