Re: Remove Value node struct

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Remove Value node struct
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 7 Sep 2021 11:22:24 +0200, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote in
> On 30.08.21 04:13, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > +    else if (IsA(obj, Integer))
> > +        _outInteger(str, (Integer *) obj);
> > +    else if (IsA(obj, Float))
> > +        _outFloat(str, (Float *) obj);
> > I felt that the type enames are a bit confusing as they might be too
> > generic, or too close with the corresponding binary types.
> > -    Node       *arg;            /* a (Value *) or a (TypeName *) */
> > +    Node       *arg;
> > Mmm. It's a bit pity that we lose the generic name for the value
> > nodes.
>
> Not sure what you mean here.

The member arg loses the information on what kind of nodes are to be
stored there. Concretely it just removes the comment "a (Value *) or a
(TypeName *)". If the (Value *) were expanded in a straight way, the
comment would be "a (Integer *), (Float *), (String *), (BitString *),
or (TypeName *)". I supposed that the member loses the comment because
it become too long.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi