Re: prevent immature WAL streaming

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Sep-03, Andres Freund wrote:

> Hi,

> > Oh, but of course we can't modify XLogReaderState in backbranches to add
> > the new struct member abortedContrecordPtr (or whatever we end up naming
> > that.)
>
> Why is that? Afaict it's always allocated via XLogReaderAllocate(), so adding
> a new field at the end should be fine?

Hmm, true, that works.

> That said, I'm worried that this stuff is too complicated to get right in the
> backbranches. I suspect letting it stew in master for a while before
> backpatching would be a good move.

Sure, we can put it in master now and backpatch before the November
minors if everything goes well.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Set the volatility of the timestamptz version of date_bin() back
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Set the volatility of the timestamptz version of date_bin() back