Re: Link t the souce code

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Link t the souce code
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2021-Jul-21, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Well, we can remove that first paragraph from there and just refer the
> > reader to the appendix ... something like this, perhaps.
>
> +1, though I think you're short a </para> or so.

Two markup errors actually, and there were a couple of other typos too.

> Agreed that we're not here to teach people how to use git.  But it'd
> be worth explaining our branch naming conventions in that appendix.
> It'd be sufficient I guess to mention "master" and "REL_n_STABLE";
> by the time v15 sees the light of day, all the pre-v10 branches
> will be EOL.  (Maybe also explain the REL_m_n release tags?)

I'll leave that for another day.

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Sallah, I said NO camels! That's FIVE camels; can't you count?"

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Improve documentation for pg_upgrade, standbys and rsync