Re: compression in replication

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: compression in replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

We generally prefer to do in-line replies (not top-posting) on these
lists.  So, more below.

* LEROY TENNISON (leroy_tennison@prodigy.net) wrote:
>  Keep in mind that this can be accomplished in other ways depending on what archive_command you're using.  rsync, and
sftp(I don't recommend scp due to security concerns but it does compression as well) both have parameters to do
in-transitcompression.  If i remember correctly Postgresql compression must be enabled on both ends.  I had a situation
wherethat wasn't easy to do and opted for external (to Postgresql) compression.

In general, rsync, sftp, and scp are very poor choices for archive
command as they don't do anything to ensure that the WAL is actually
written out to disk and also don't do a variety of other sensible checks
to make sure the WAL matches the PG database, there's a history file for
the timeline the WAL is on, etc.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

От: Vijaykumar Jain
Сообщение: Re: How does vacuum full works if table is partitioned?
От: still Learner
Сообщение: STDERR not logging after a fix log size