Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg14b1 stuck in lazy_scan_prune/heap_page_prune of pg_statistic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jun-10, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:29 AM Matthias van de Meent
> <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I see one exit for HEAPTUPLE_DEAD on a potentially recently committed
> > xvac (?), and we might also check against recently committed
> > transactions if xmin == xmax, although apparently that is not
> > implemented right now.

xvac was used by the pre-9.0 VACUUM FULL, so I don't think it's possible
to see a recently committed one.  (I think you'd have to find a table
that was pg_upgraded from 8.4 or older, with leftover tuples from an
aborted VACUUM FULL, and never vacuumed after that.)

A scenario with such a tuple on disk is not impossible [in theory],
but if it does exist, then the VACUUM FULL would not be in the
possibly-visible horizon.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',