Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 10:17:31AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martin Goodson <kaemaril@googlemail.com> writes:
> > ... but a colleague at work is adamant that PostgreSQL has had TDE since
> > 2019.
>
> There is at least one fork with TDE, which maybe is what your colleague is
> thinking of, but it doesn't exist in the community code today.  Various
> people are interested in merging the feature.  At this point I'd lay
> odds against it being ready for v14, but perhaps it will happen for v15.

Yeah, we could get the key management into PG 14, but it wouldn't do
anything, so it would have to be hidden so it didn't confuse people, so
what's the point of adding it now?  Also, I don't know anyone who is
currently working on the data encryption stage, which is the next step.

Сообщение: Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?