Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 09:50:55AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 01:28:04PM +0000, Martin Goodson wrote:
> > ... but a colleague at work is adamant that PostgreSQL has had TDE since
> > 2019.
> >
> > Have I missed a memo somewhere?
>
> It has been worked on since before 2019.  I worked on the key management
> part recently, but there was no consensus in the community, so I have
> stopped working on this feature, and I don't know anyone else who is
> currently working on it:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210126225301.GD32305%40momjian.us

Oh, Cybertec has an open source version of Postgres 12.3 with TDE:

    https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/products/postgresql-transparent-data-encryption/
    https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/transparent-data-encryption-installation-guide/

and Postgres 12.3 was released on 2020-05-14, and their TDE version was
packaged on 2020-07-10, based on the tarball file dates.  Their TDE
feature is not part of community Postgres, and I don't if that will ever
happen.

Сообщение: Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Transparent Data Encryption in PostgreSQL?