Re: Error messages on duplicate schema names

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Error messages on duplicate schema names
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2021-Jan-15, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 06, 2021 at 07:15:24PM +0200, Andrus wrote:
> > Should duplicate schema names accepted or should their usage throw better
> > error messages.
>
> This means that we are one call of CommandCounterIncrement() short for
> such queries, and similar safeguards already exist in this area for
> GRANT/REVOKE.  The spot where I would put this new CCI is at the end
> of SetDefaultACL(), like in the attached with a test added to
> privileges.sql.
>
> Any thoughts from others?

Looks to match what we do in ExecGrant_Relation() et al, so +1.

I guess you could make the case that the CCI call should be in the
callers where we actually loop (SetDefaultACLsInSchemas,
RemoveRoleFromObjectACL), but it's hard to get excited about the added
clutter.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile