Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От raf
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:28:37PM +0100, Paul Förster <paul.foerster@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, could it be possible to make messages plain text? I see a lot of
> varying fancy fonts and I hate that. I even hate it more when people
> post messages not properly trimmed or messages that need formatting
> preserved such as select output, i.e. table data, explain plans,
> etc. Proportional fonts (Outlook with its darn Arial) is one of the
> worst...
>
> [...]
>
> I think, an automatic conversion of incoming posts to plain text and
> dropping all non plain text attachments would help a lot already.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

I once wrote a program to do that very thing:

  http://raf.org/textmail/
  https://github.com/raforg/textmail/

It converts everything it can into plain text (using
lots of helper applications which also need to be
installed), and it deletes everything else, all highly
configurable, of course. It might be possible to
incorporate it into a mailing list, but perhaps that's
a bit draconian. You could probably incorporate it into
your own email flow as emails arrive before you see
them. I've used procmail for that, but imapfilter
(https://github.com/lefcha/imapfilter) might be more
appropriate if your email is in an imap account.

cheers,
raf

Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?