Re: Proposed patch for key managment

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Proposed patch for key managment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec  4, 2020 at 10:32:45PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I can break out the -R/file descriptor passing part as a separate patch,
> and have the ssl_passphrase_command use that, but that's the only part I
> know can be useful on its own.
>
> Since the patch is large, I found a way to push the branch to git and
> how to make a download link that tracks whatever I push to the 'key'
> branch on my github account.  Here is the updated patch link:
>
>     https://github.com/postgres/postgres/compare/master...bmomjian:key.diff

I have made some good progress on the patch.  I realized that pg_upgrade
can't just copy the keys from the old cluster --- they encrypt the user
heap/index files that are copied/linked by pg_upgrade, but also encrypt
the system tables, which initdb creates, so the keys have to be copied
at initdb bootstrap time --- I have added an option to do that.  I also
realized that pg_upgrade will be starting/stopping the server, so I need
to add an option to pg_upgrade to allow that prompting.  I can now
successfully pg_upgrade a cluster that uses cluster file encryption, and
keep the same keys.  All at the same URL.

In addition I have completed the command-line tool to allow changing of
the cluster passphrase, which applies over the first diff;  diff at:

    https://github.com/bmomjian/postgres/compare/key...bmomjian:key-alter.diff

My next task is to write a script for Yubikey authentication.