Re: Deprecate custom encoding conversions

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Deprecate custom encoding conversions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I recall a discussion in which someone explained that things are messy for
> Japanese because there's not really just one version of SJIS; there are
> several, because various groups extended the original standard in not-
> quite-compatible ways.  In turn this means that there's not really one
> well-defined conversion to/from Unicode

That's true.

> --- which is the reason why
> allowing custom conversions seemed like a good idea.  I don't know
> whether anyone over there is actually using custom conversions, but
> I'd be hesitant to just nuke the feature altogether.

By Googling I found an instance which is using CREATE CONVERSION
(Japanese article).

http://grep.blog49.fc2.com/blog-entry-87.html
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: "Hou, Zhijie"
Сообщение: RE: A new function to wait for the backend exit after termination