Re: PANIC: could not write to log file {} at offset {}, length {}: Invalid argument

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PANIC: could not write to log file {} at offset {}, length {}: Invalid argument
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 10:21:40AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> The problem with AVs generally doesn't come from them opening files in
> non-share mode (I've, surprisingly enough, seen backup software that
> causes that problem for example). It might happen on scheduled scans
> for example, but the bigger problem with AV software has always been
> their filter driver software which intercepts both the open/close and
> the read/write calls an application makes and "does it's magic" on
> them before handing the actual call up to the operating system. It's
> completely independent of how the file is opened.

This one is a bit new to me.  I certainly saw my share of stat() or
open() calls failing on ENOPERM because of file handles taken
exclusively by external scanners around here or even with
customer-related issues, and I did not expect that such dark magic
could be involved in a write.  It would indeed not be surprising to
see a PANIC depending on what gets done.
--
Michael

Вложения