Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers, take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 20 Oct 2020 04:23:12 +0000, "tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com" <tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>
> > > Furthermore, FDW is not cancellable in general.  So, I don't see a point in
> > trying hard to make only commit be cancelable.
> >
> > I think that it is quite important that operators can cancel any
> > process that has been stuck for a long time. Furthermore, postgres_fdw
> > is more likely to be stuck since network is involved so the usefulness
> > of that feature would be higher.
>
> But lower than practical performance during normal operation.
>
> BTW, speaking of network, how can postgres_fdw respond quickly to cancel request when libpq is waiting for a reply
froma down foreign server?  Can the user continue to use that session after cancellation?

It seems to respond to a statement-cancel signal immediately while
waiting for a coming byte.  However, seems to wait forever while
waiting a space in send-buffer. (Is that mean the session will be
stuck if it sends a large chunk of bytes while the network is down?)

After receiving a signal, it closes the problem connection. So the
local session is usable after that but the fiailed remote sessions are
closed and created another one at the next use.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: speed up unicode decomposition and recomposition
От: gkokolatos@pm.me
Сообщение: Re: Commitfest manager 2020-11