Re: pg_upgrade: fail early if a tablespace dir already exists for new cluster version

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade: fail early if a tablespace dir already exists for new cluster version
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade: fail early if a tablespace dir already exists for new cluster version  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct  9, 2020 at 07:42:51PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Oct  9, 2020 at 02:23:10PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > In my local branch, I had revised this comment to say:
> >
> > + * Note, v8.4 has no tablespace_suffix, which is fine so long as the version we
> > + * being upgraded *to* has a suffix, since it's not allowed to pg_upgrade from
> > + * a version to the same version if tablespaces are in use.
>
> OK, updated patch attached.  Also, from your original patch, I didn't
> need to call canonicalize_path() since we are not comparing paths, and I
> didn't need to include common/relpath.h.  I also renamed a variable.

Patch applied to all supported versions.  Thanks for the report, and the
patch.  While I listed you as reporter, I forgot to list you as the
patch author --- Tom, can you remember that for the minor release notes
please?  Thanks