Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-10-01 19:21:14 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 10/1/20 4:22 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >     # Note: on Windows, IPC::Run seems to convert \r\n to \n in program output
> >     # if we're using native Perl, but not if we're using MSys Perl.  So do it
> >     # by hand in the latter case, here and elsewhere.
> > that IPC::Run converts things, but that native windows perl uses
> > https://perldoc.perl.org/perlrun#PERLIO
> > a PERLIO that includes :crlf, whereas msys probably doesn't?
> >
> > Any chance you could run something like
> > perl -mPerlIO -e 'print(PerlIO::get_layers(STDIN), "\n");'
> > on both native and msys perl?
> >

> >> possibly also for stderr, just to make it more futureproof, and at the
> >> top of the file:
> >>
> >>     use Config;
> >>

> >> Do you want me to test that first?
> > That'd be awesome.

> The change I suggested makes jacana happy.

Thanks, pushed. Hopefully that fixes the mingw animals.

I wonder if we instead should do something like

# Have mingw perl treat CRLF the same way as perl on native windows does
ifeq ($(build_os),mingw32)
    PROVE="PERLIO=unixcrlf $(PROVE)"
endif

in Makefile.global.in? Then we could remove these rexes from all the
various places?

Greetings,

Andres Freund