Re: PostgreSQL on Windows' state

От Alessandro Dentella
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Windows' state
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL on Windows' state  (raf <raf@raf.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 12:21:39PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> st 23. 9. 2020 v 10:38 odesílatel Alessandro Dentella <
> sandro.dentella@gmail.com> napsal:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > disclaimer: I've never been a Windows user and I send this email just on
> > behalf
> > of a friend that has problems convincing his team to use PostgreSQL.
> >
> > I'd like to understand if what the team replies to him is correct or not.
> >
> > The final project should work with Python (we know it just works) and with
> > c#.
> > The team states that:
> >
> >   "It does not exist a native driver. You need to use ODBC, that is an old
> >   technology and doesn't give warranties in terms of security, reliability
> > and
> >   performance."
> >
> > Is it any true? is it biased?
> >

> https://kb.objectrocket.com/postgresql/how-to-install-psycopg2-in-windows-1460
>
> So minimally psycopg2 - native driver for Python exists for Win

Thanks Pavel, but psycopg2 (that I always use is just for Python). T
hey claim/complain that from c# there's no native solution.

Personally I don't know even if ODBC is really to be considered a second class
choice. It sounds awkward to me that such a great db has flaws like this (I'm
NOT stating it *has* flaws)

sandro

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on Windows' state
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on Windows' state