Re: Dependencies for partitioned indexes are still a mess

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Dependencies for partitioned indexes are still a mess
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Aug-12, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Hmm, we do make the FK constraint depend on the ATTACH for the direct
> children; what I think we're lacking is dependencies on descendants
> twice-removed (?) or higher.  This mock patch seems to fix this problem
> by adding dependencies recursively on all children of the index; I no
> longer see this problem with it.

After going over this some more, this analysis seems correct.  Here's a
better version of the patch which seems final to me.

I'm not yet clear on whether the noisy DROP INDEX is an actual bug that
needs to be fixed, or instead it needs to be left alone.

Вложения