Re: Dependencies for partitioned indexes are still a mess

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Dependencies for partitioned indexes are still a mess
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jul-15, Tom Lane wrote:

> Issue #2: parallel restore does not work
>
> 1. dropdb r2; createdb r2
> 2. pg_restore -j8 -d r2 regression.dump
>
> This is fairly timing-dependent, but some attempts fail with messages
> like
>
> pg_restore: while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: from TOC entry 6684; 2606 29166 FK CONSTRAINT fk fk_a_fkey postgres
> pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR:  there is no unique constraint matching given keys for referenced
table"pk"

> Command was: ALTER TABLE fkpart3.fk
>     ADD CONSTRAINT fk_a_fkey FOREIGN KEY (a) REFERENCES fkpart3.pk(a);

Hmm, we do make the FK constraint depend on the ATTACH for the direct
children; what I think we're lacking is dependencies on descendants
twice-removed (?) or higher.  This mock patch seems to fix this problem
by adding dependencies recursively on all children of the index; I no
longer see this problem with it.

Вложения