Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-08-12 12:24:52 +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 12:19 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> > > The best I've got is "anchor" xid.  It is an xid that is known to
> > > limit nextFullXid's range while the receiving function runs.
> >
> > Thinking about it, I think that relative is a good descriptor. It's just
> > that 'via' is weird. How about: FullXidRelativeTo?
>
> WFM.

Cool, pushed.

Attached are the rebased remainder of the series. Unless somebody
protests, I plan to push 0001 after a bit more comment polishing and
wait a buildfarm cycle, then push 0002-0005 and wait again, and finally
push 0006.

There's further optimizations, particularly after 0002 and after 0006,
but that seems better done later.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения