Re: windows config.pl question

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: windows config.pl question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:41:46PM -0400, Dmitry Markman wrote:
> but if I issue that command if the current folder is on z:
>
> Z:\>cl /?
> Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.16.27042 for x64
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> usage: cl [ option... ] filename... [ /link linkoption... ]
>
> from other hand

Interesting.  We rely on the presence of "favor:" in the output to
determine which platform to use, aka x64 or Win32.

> cl -help
>
> returns consistent answer from c: or from z:
>
> so platform wasn’t identified properly if build started from z:

What's the output of cl -help on "z:" in this case?  Is the exact same
output as "cl /?" or "cl -help" on c: generated?  I have to admit that
I don't really know why things would behave this way, but Windows is a
platform full of undiscovered mysteries, and I have never seen the
output of cl being an issue even for some of my company work, which
uses stuff much more fancy than the normal way of compiling on
Windows, requiring me to patch a bit the scripts of src/tools/msvc/ in
a different way.
--
Michael

Вложения