Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jul-27, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 10:30 AM Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On 2020-Jul-23, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> > I notice you put the prototype for get_hash_mem in nodeHash.h.  This
> > would be fine if not for the fact that optimizer needs to call the
> > function too, which means now optimizer have to include executor headers
> > -- not a great thing.  I'd move the prototype elsewhere to avoid this,
> > and I think miscadmin.h is a decent place for the prototype, next to
> > work_mem and m_w_m.
>
> The location of get_hash_mem() is awkward,

Yes.

> but there is no obvious alternative.

Agreed.

> Are you proposing that I just put the prototype in miscadmin.h, while
> leaving the implementation where it is (in nodeHash.c)?

Yes, that's in the part of my reply you didn't quote:

: It remains strange to have the function in executor
: implementation, but I don't offhand see a better place, so maybe it's
: okay where it is.

> [...] moving the implementation of get_hash_mem() to either of those
> two files seems worse to me.

Sure.

Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk