Re: handle a ECPG_bytea typo

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: handle a ECPG_bytea typo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 07:22:15AM +0530, vignesh C wrote:
> I felt the changes look correct. The reason it might be working
> earlier is because the structure members are the same for both the
> data structures ECPGgeneric_bytea & ECPGgeneric_varchar.

ECPGset_noind_null() and ECPGis_noind_null() in misc.c show that
ECPGgeneric_bytea is attached to ECPGt_bytea.  The two structures may
be the same now, but if a bug fix or a code change involves a change
in the structure definition we could run into problems.  So let's fix
and back-patch this change.  I am not spotting other areas impacted,
and I'll try to take care at the beginning of next week.
--
Michael

Вложения