Re: questions about point in time recovery of the primary postgres Server

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: questions about point in time recovery of the primary postgres Server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* pham lan (phamlankt@gmail.com) wrote:
> I am pretty new to Postgres and I have been reading about streaming
> replication and point in time recovery which is very interesting to me.
> What is not clear to me is: let's say I have a cluster of 1 primary and 2
> slaves Postgres 9.5 which have archive_mode on. Streaming replication is
> working fine. If for instance, i drop by mistake one table, and i need to
> do a restore to a point before the time the table was dropped, will I need
> to do the recovery only on the primary postgres server? How will the slaves
> behave during the recovery process of the primary?

The replicas will need to be rebuilt after the restore of the primary.

There's a few different ways to do that, but the fastest that I'm aware
of would be a pgbackrest delta restore of all the systems using an
appropriate backup set (which pgbackrest will figure out for you when
you tell it the time you want to restore to).

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения