Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk (hash_mem)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk (hash_mem)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jul-07, Amit Kapila wrote:

> I don't think this is true.  We seem to have introduced three new guc
> variables in a 9.3.3 minor release.

Yeah, backporting GUCs is not a big deal.  Sure, the GUC won't appear in
postgresql.conf files generated by initdb prior to the release that
introduces it.  But users that need it can just edit their .confs and
add the appropriate line, or just do ALTER SYSTEM after the minor
upgrade.  For people that don't need it, it would have a reasonable
default (probably work_mem, so that behavior doesn't change on the minor
upgrade).

Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk (hash_mem)
Сообщение: Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk (hash_mem)