Re: [HELP] Issue with standby server using WAL archive

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [HELP] Issue with standby server using WAL archive
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Praveen Kumar K S (praveenssit@gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm seeing below error on pg3 (DR server) in log. Is this expected ?
> *cp: cannot stat '/mnt/server/archivedir/00000001000000000000000D': No such
> file or directory*

Yes, that's expected, the replica will constantly attempt to get the
next WAL segment to replay, unless you have streaming replication
configured.  There's nothing wrong with that.

> On master, I see below info. I would like to know why the WALs are not
> being archived.

The WAL file isn't going to be archived until PG is done writing into
it, which won't happen until there's been ~16MB of write activity on the
database.  If you want WAL to be archived more frequently even if the
segment isn't full then you should look at the archive_timeout option.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [HELP] Issue with standby server using WAL archive
Сообщение: Re: [HELP] Issue with standby server using WAL archive