Re: new heapcheck contrib module

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think there are two very large patches here.  One adds checking of
heapam tables to amcheck, and the other adds a binary that eases calling
amcheck from the command line.  I think these should be two separate
patches.

I don't know what to think of a module contrib/pg_amcheck.  I kinda lean
towards fitting it in src/bin/scripts rather than as a contrib module.
However, it seems a bit weird that it depends on a contrib module.
Maybe amcheck should not be a contrib module at all but rather a new
extension in src/extensions/ that is compiled and installed (in the
filesystem, not in databases) by default.

I strongly agree with hardening backend code so that all the crashes
that Mark has found can be repaired.  (We discussed this topic
before[1]: we'd repair all crashes when run with production code, not
all assertion crashes.)

[1] https://postgr.es/m/20200513221051.GA26592@alvherre.pgsql