Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jun-30, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Another question that has popped up when doing this review is what
> would be the use-case of adding this information at SQL level knowing
> that logical replication exists since 10?

Logical replication in core is a far cry from a fully featured
replication solution.  Kindly do not claim that we can now remove
features just because in-core logical replication does not use them;
this argument is ignoring the fact that we're still a long way from
developing actually powerful logical replication capabilities.