Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Дата
Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 03:00:54PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> My take would be to actually enforce that as a requirement for 14~ if
> that works reliably, and of course not backpatch that change as that's
> clearly an improvement and not a bug fix.  It would be good to check
> the status of each buildfarm member first though.  And I would need to
> also check my own stuff to begin with..

So, I have been looking at that.  And indeed as Peter said we are
visibly missing one call to perl2host in 010_pg_basebackup.pl.

Another thing I spotted is that Win32::Symlink does not allow to
detect properly if a path is a symlink using -l, causing one of the
tests of pg_basebackup to fail when checking if a tablespace path has
been updted.  It would be good to get more people to test this patch
with different environments than mine.  I am also adding Andrew
Dunstan in CC as the owner of the buildfarm animals running currently
TAP tests for confirmation about the presence of Win32::Symlink
there as I am afraid it would cause failures: drongo, fairywen,
jacana and bowerbird.
--
Michael

Вложения