Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 02:16:32PM +0300, Alexey Kondratov wrote:
> BTW, most of 'common' is a really common code with only four exceptions
> like logging.c, which is frontend-only. Is it there for historical
> reasons only or something else?"
>
> Personally, I would prefer that everything in the 'common' was actually
> common. I also do not sure about moving an older code, because of possible
> backward compatibility breakage, but doing so for a newer one seems to be a
> good idea.

src/fe_utils/ has been created much after src/common/ (588d963 vs
8396447).  I got to wonder if we should add a note to src/common/'s
Makefile to not add more stuff to OBJS_FRONTEND and just tell to use
src/fe_utils/.  Moving things from common/ to fe_utils/ would mean
breakages, which may be hard to justify just for the sake of being
clean and more consistent, and src/common/ APIs are usually quite
popular with external plugins.
--
Michael

Вложения