Re: Intermittent test plan change in "privileges" test on BF animal prion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Intermittent test plan change in "privileges" test on BF animal prion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Two recent failures show plan changes in RLS queries on master.

Yeah.  I assume this is related to 0c882e52a, but I'm not sure how.
The fact that we've only seen it on prion (which runs
-DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE -DCATCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE) is suggestive,
but it's not clear why those options would lead to unstable
planner estimates.  I've been waiting to see if we start to get
similar reports from the full-fledged CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS critters.