Re: segmentation fault using currtid and partitioned tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: segmentation fault using currtid and partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 05:55:59PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> And there only for very old servers (< 8.2), according to Hiroshi
> Inoue. Found that out post 12 freeze. I was planning to drop them for
> 13, but I unfortunately didn't get around to do so :(

[... digging ...]
Ah, I think I see your point from the code.  That's related to the use
of RETURNING for ctids.

> I guess we could decide to make a freeze exception to remove them now,
> although I'm not sure the reasons for doing so are strong enough.

Not sure that's a good thing to do after beta1 for 13, but there is an
argument for that in 14.  FWIW, my company is a huge user of the ODBC
driver (perhaps the biggest one?), and we have nothing even close to
8.2.

> I concur that it seems unnecessary to make these translatable, even with
> the reduced scope from
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200526025959.GE6155%40paquier.xyz

Okay, I have switched the patch to do that.  Any comments or
objections?
--
Michael

Вложения