Re: Configuring Replication in Windows 2016 using Postgresql 9.x

От zurich@nym.hush.com
Тема Re: Configuring Replication in Windows 2016 using Postgresql 9.x
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I had this misfortune to support a Dev DB on 9.3 PostgreSQL running on Win server 2008 R2 which I had the joy of taking
from9.3 to 9.4, 9.5 and 9.6 in fits and starts. Thankfully Production ran on Debian Linux which would upgrade
faultlessly

This looks like it might be a file ownership issue, was PostgreSQL installed under an account called Postgres or the
networkservice account? Which account owns the Postgres files and which account is running the Postgres Service
process?Is the ownership/ acls of the WAL files correct or matching and are they being deleted correctly?

As I recall Postgres 9.3 expected the install to be made using a non-privileged  Postgres account whereas this changed
inlater versions to expecting the network service account to be used instead.

Hope this helps,

Peter G.