Re: Ident authentication failed

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: Ident authentication failed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
## Ted To (ted@theo.to):

> Thank you -- I added two lines to the hba file to allow for ident
> authentication, restarted postgres and still the same errors.

You probably don't want "ident" authentication - that's the thing
with "identd" (see RfC 1413), which even 20 years ago was only used
in connection with IRC, but not really for "authentication".

You'd rather want "scram-sha-256" as the authentication method (hoping
that whatever-go-uses can do that - come on, we got that in version 10),
or (if that's not possible) "md5". See
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/auth-methods.html and
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/auth-pg-hba-conf.html .
Note that "password_encryption" has to match that authentication method
from pg_hba.conf, that's described in
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/auth-password.html .

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space

Сообщение: Re: Ident authentication failed
Сообщение: Re: Ident authentication failed